Thursday, February 3, 2022

Basic Scrapbooking 101

Let's Start From the very beginning......

What is scrapbooking anyway?

I have an old scrapbook of my mother's that she put together as a teenager with photos from magazines and of famous people and other things that interested her in that day. As a young girl and even now, it gives me insight as to who she was as a young person. Things I treasure today, especially now that she's passed away.

So, for me, scrapbooking is therapeutic. Many people have written about or spoken about the positive impact scrapbooking has on mental health and I can bear testimony to this claim myself. This past time helped me through the transitions of life that were hard to bear at the time of the events. 

Scrapbooking is also an outlet for creativity, which I love doing. 

The biggest reason I scrapbook is for preserving the memories. I have thought so many times of a question that only my parents or grandparents could answer, and I no longer have that option of asking.  Or finding a photo and wondering who it is, or when this happened.

Not everyone wants to scrapbook their photos, but you can still organize, preserve and even journal photos in a quality album with sturdy (never outdated) page protectors with pockets. Just slide them in. 






No comments: