Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Thin Cuts Blog Hop

Bitmoji Image





Welcome to our Thin Cuts Blog Hop! All of the beautiful creations you see will be featuring the different creative ways you can use Close To My Heart's Thin Cuts. If you have come here from Katy's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. If you get lost along the way you'll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda's Blog.

Image may contain: text

For this blog hop we have 19 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using Thin Cuts and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do~just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! 
Here we go!

For this card I also used the colors in a Color Dare challenge. I used the Smoothie, Linen, Mint, Peach, Carolina and the Gold. I also used different sized Circle Thin Cuts to cut out the holes in the focal point.

Here is a close up of the opening.

I used a sponge to darken the inside edges to make them show up a little. I stamped the stamp on two layers and fussy cut the top edge and that circle out with my scissors on the second layer inside. Everything is painted with stamp pad colors using a Clear Shimmer Brush except the mint and the gold center of the larger flower. I used the Mint and Gold Shimmer Brushes. 

I just love how these Shimmer Brushes give the card a sparkle. I have been using my All Purpose Mat, squishing color from the stamp pad on it and picking up the color with either the clear Shimmer Brush or a Water Color Brush. Easy peasy, and you don't have to worry about cleaning out the lid of your stamp pad!

I layered each layer with our 3-D foam and the fussy cut flowers on top also. 

Here is a picture of between the layers.


The stamp set is still available and is the 
D1821- Feels Like Home-Scrapbooking set. 

This stamp set is really fun! It has a tiny water spatter stamp I used to texture the different layers of Linen and I used Pebble stamp color for a lighter effect. It was perfect. 
The "Hello" comes from a previous Stamp Of The Month which is no longer available. Below is a collage of products and the colors I used on this 
card..........

You can check out the Color Dare Blog here and see more creative art.


And here are the Basic Circle Thin Cuts I used on this card. There are several different shapes of Thin Cuts and some of the stamp sets have their own Thin Cuts to cut out the design. These are offered with the stamp set as a set or you can purchase just the stamp set without the Thin Cuts. 



product image

Thin Cuts—Basic Circles

Item Number: Z3318
Now "Hop"on over to Krista's Blog to see her works of art! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Contact your CTMH Consultant ( or click here ) to get the products I used for this project!










13 comments:

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

Such a beautiful card!! Thanks for sharing the details :) I have that stamp set, but haven't pulled it out to use yet....thanks for your inspiration! :)

Brenda Lapp said...

This is such a wonderful card. I love the colors, the layers are spectacular. Great idea! Now I have to move this stamp up closer to the top of my wish list.

Miss. Carrie's Creations said...

Such a delightful card! I love all the layers you added to really make the images stand out.
♥☕Miss. Carrie

Emily said...

Really cool and beautiful!

Michelle Stewart said...

This card is stunning, love the color choices and the layers.

Unknown said...

I love the look you've achieved here. How many layers of circles did you use?

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so pretty with the multiple layers - definitely a technique to try. Love the colours you used for the flowers and leaves as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great job on the tiered circles and lovely floral on the different dimensions...beautifully done...love it all. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

CatScrapbooking said...

Love all those layered circles!! Your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Color Dare!

Melanie R said...

Beautiful card! The multiple layers are outstanding and the colors are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare #329.

Miss. Carrie's Creations said...

I just realized that you shared this creation on the Color Dare website. You did a great job using those color choices you were given. Thank you for sharing your creation at Color My Heart Dare. 💙☕Miss.Carrie

Brandi said...

Stunning! I love everything about this, the texture, the depth, the colours, the stamps, papers...everything!

Terry Metzger said...

Sorry ladies, I have been gone to a retreat and didn't realize I had all these comments. Thank you for all the lovely commenting. And to answer your question Grace, I used three layers. The two underneath are only smaller squares to just fit under the top layer. I used foam strips around the outside edges of each layer except the bottom to pop them apart. I also used one of the larger circles from cutting (Probably the top one) and stamped the flower on it and glued it down to the card. I don't like to waste paper. LOL. Hope that gives you a better idea how I did it.