Thursday, May 14, 2015

Card Challenge

Yesterday, I reposted a challenge on Facebook by Close To My Heart to make something using embossing folders and embossing everything. Here is a card I made using the May National Scrapbook Month exclusive paper pack called Taste of Summer. Love the bright colors and patterns!

 
Everything is embossed except the first layer of black and the smoothie layer behind the number 6. Even the flower is embossed.
 

 
I laid several pieces on the shim we need to put inside our folders and embossed all of them at once. I used 3 of our folders and changed up the Stripe embossing folder by laying the black layer behind the number 6 in the opposite direction of the background. I added a piece of our self-adhesive glitter ribbon and a brad to give it more "Wowzer" appeal. Click on the links below to see the Embossing Folders and a few other items I used on the card.

Stripe Embossing Folder

Item Number: Z1960

Chevron Embossing Folder

Item Number: Z1925

Taste of Summer

White Shimmer Trim-# Z3024

I would love to hear what you think of this idea! Thankyou Denise Anderson-Turley for this wonderful idea. I love how it looks!
 

No comments: