Saturday, March 23, 2013

February Stamp Of The Month Card

Hello, are you bored today? Have cabin fever because winter just won't go away? Well, I am posting a challenge for you to try today! You are welcome to copy the card here or make something of your own. 

Here is a card I made and a turtorial on how I did the edges. Not sure where I got the idea, maybe a Tim Holtz thing.I seem to gravitate to his blogsite alot for inspiration! The card sketch may be a Mojo Monday or from our book. I just can't remember. What I do know is it is a very, very simple design you can pretty much figure it out if you like it.The center sentiment was basically cut to fit the sentiment with a mat of juniper. I used Whisper and Slate and the leaves are juniper stamped on juniper cardstock. Not sure what color the flowers are. I stamped and cut 3 layers and stacked them together . Outlined the YOU with our glitz glitter. Everything is Close To My Heart.


Cut a piece of cardstock (or copy paper would work fine) to fit as a mask where you don't want the color. Sponge your chosen color all the way around. You can add more to make the edges darker if you want to.
Stamp over the color or can stamp before either way works all the way around the edge. It won't hurt a thing to get color up on the mask because.....

It won't show when you take the temporary piece off!



I used a flower stamp set from a Workshop On The Go that is retired. But, no fear, there are plenty more in the Spring/Summer Idea Book to choose from and my website has even more!

Ok, now, let's see what you can do with this technique and post it on my page in Facebook. Make a 2 page layout or a card or even a gift item but try the masking technique I showed you here. 
Click here and post your photo in the photo section: Papercrafting with Stampingranny When you post your photo and description of your project I will put your name in a jar to be drawn for a prize! :-)
Leave a comment below or on my Facebook page so I know if your going to participate. Thankyou!

No comments: