Friday, January 25, 2013

Valentine Cards and Birthday Cards!

Valentine's Cards are so fun to make! I really got inspired by a Christmas Card in a Paper Creations magazine. Was really fun to make especially when I can cut practically everything with my Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge!





I used all Close To My Heart products. The heart stamp is retired I think. I stamped it on Colonial White cardstock with Cranberry Ink and wet embossed it 3 times to make it thick and shiny. I think I must have gotten some glitter in my clear embossing powder but, I thought it looked fine. 

There are 3 graduated layers of rectangle pieces I cut from the Art Philosophy Cartridge along with the card itself. The last 2 were cut with the scalloped edge. I misted the 3 layers with water and scrunched it up to wrinkle it. Be careful, its very fragile at this point and tears easily although I don't mind for myself. Smooth it out flat and let it dry completely. I took a hole punch around the scallops and punched the holes after the paper was dry. I used about 3 different stamp sets and the banner is cut from the Artiste Cartridge and the Medallion also.

Here is a round card I cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge. I also cut a second layer and misted it and punched the holes in. The top layer is stamped with the big medallion stamp and holes punched. The heart is stamped in Cranberry and is the same one as above. It's interesting how the color looks different on the White Daisy here vs the Colonial White above. The flower is 6 circles cut from the Art Philosophy misted, scrunched, stacked (while damp) and carefully held together with a brad.While it's still damp, scrucnch it to your liking (very carefully, it's very fragile) then let this dry completely. You can sponge color on the edges also. The leaves are stamped and fussy cut. 


Here is a couple birthday cards I made for 2 of our 7 grandchildren! Retired paper and not sure about the stamp sets. Colored with Close To My Heart Alcohol Markers. I don't have all the colors so used some of my regular CTMH markers to fill in. Trying to use up my stash! 

The new Spring/Summer Idea Book comes live for you in only 6 more days! If there is something you need from the Fall/Winter Idea Book, now is the time to order it. Just go to my website and start shopping! Be sure and click on the join button before closing your transaction to be eligible for the Mystery Hostess Drawing for January! The adorable Valentine Kit Whoos Your Valentine is also still available but there is only 13% left!!!!! They are going really fast!!!!!!!! If you are really wanting one, don't wait till the last day! I will be posting the retired list on here also.
Thanks for stopping in and looking. Leave a comment and have a really blessed day!

No comments: