Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine #4

Here is day #4 of our Valentine Countdown Blog Hop! I hope you have been enjoying all the super creative ideas like I am. Today, I am doing a little 4 1/2 x4 1/2 card called Matchbook (pg. 76) in our Wishes Card Confidence Program Book. When you purchase this Book you will get a CD loaded with templates for the cards (like the one here) and envelopes to fit! I am including a little tutorial to show how I made this card using the Masking technique that Jeanette taught us last week in her blog. This is so much fun.


First you want to decide which design goes to the back and which one is on top. I then stamp the top design on a piece of thin paper like copy paper or if its small enough, post it notes will work fine and you can use the sticky already on it.

Cut the design out and apply glue like our Bonding Memories Glue Pen. Set aside and let it dry completely. It will be a temporary bonding like sticky notes.
Next, you will want to stamp that same design again on your project. I stamped in the lighter color (Sweet Leaf), rolled the edges in Vineyard Berry and Juniper then stamped it. Lay your cut out stamped image over this, it should fit perfectly. I wanted the design to fade into the background so, I stamped my background stamp over the top of the mask using the Juniper color.

Wow, that looks weird! Well, lets see what happens when we peel off the mask!

Voila! Now, that looks much better!
Now, lets look at how this card is constructed. You will need to print the template off and cut it out. I just used it for reference for cutting the cardstock with my paper trimmer.
I also used my paper trimmer and a dry embossing stylus to score the folding lines.
I used Tombow to glue a package of M&M's inside for a surprise!
I scalloped the edge of the little overlap on the bottom with our Corner Rounder and fastened it with a retired photo clip.

List of Products:
Level 2 Wings Paper Pack
Sweet Leaf Cardstock
Colonial White Cardstock
Soul Mates Stamp Set
Card Chatter-Love Stamp Set
Juniper Stamp Pad
Vineyard Berry Stamp Pad
Sweet Leaf Stamp Pad
Black Stamp Pad

Jump on down and check out the rest of the bloggers!

5 comments:

Paige Dolecki said...

Very cool - I thought it was a puddle pad technique until I read through your post. Those colors combined very well! Thanks for sharing!

Paige

Ann said...

Great project. Thanks for sharing the technique!

Lela said...

I really like the colors and the masking looks wonderful! What a cute idea for this little valentine treat! Great Idea

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Love masking - great m&m packet!

Unknown said...

Cute idea and thanks for sharing the tutorial!