Monday, June 9, 2014

Fun Weekend

I can't believe I didn't take my camera this weekend. Spent a wonderful time with a bunch of great ladies paper crafting at the North Manchester University. Spent the time scrapping, getting re-acquainted, laughing and catching up with everyone. This is the easiest retreat to get in and out of. There are a few of the students that come and help us pack our stuff in and out and even put it in our cars. Even though we are up on the second floor, there is an elevator to make getting us all up there very easy indeed. We each have our own huge table and super comfy office chairs to sit on. The majority of the ladies slept in a dorm and a few of us went home and slept in our own beds. 

There is a very talented chef in the kitchen fixing our meals so we don't go hungry. There is plenty of water, pop and coffee in our scrap room if we like. They fix us popcorn to eat during movie time (Frozen) on Saturday night while we were scrapping.We are very spoiled let me tell you!

I offered a class making a very simple 2 page layout with our Artbooking Cricut Cartridge. Here is what we made:



This cartridge is really fun to use. I just put the size on 11" and all I had to do was change the design buttons for each design element and it cuts everything to fit a 12 x 12" page. This is just one great design element. Just like our other 2 cartridges, this one will cut 700 designs total. The lacy circles are cut with the Art Phylosophy Cricut Cartridge and the cardstock is all retired colors except the black of course.

I made a couple cards and a 2 page layout with the June Stamp of the Month. It was a really fun  stamp set to play with.



                                   June Stamp of the Month.



2-page layout

           
 I used Pacifica, Honey, Outdoor Denim, and Cranberry for the colors. The patterned paper and the embossed cardstock is from the Free To Be Me paper pack. 








The overlay is cut from the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge. I put the machine on Real Dial Size and shrunk it down to fit. I can cut overlays for cards when I do this also. 


                                    
   Two cards round it off real nice. I used our beautiful White Daisy cardstock for the card bases and stamped designs. 

I also offered 4 different paper designs in kits to whoever wanted to participate in a contest where they make a 2 page layout using the same diagram I put in there kit. It's always fun and interesting to see how each person's creativity comes out and the pages were all different. Again, I wish now I had taken my camera and taken pictures of each set. Everyone did a super good job. I made my own samples that I will post later with a little technique added that I learned from a video on You Tube and tried with our own products and loved how it turned out. If I can figure out how, I might even try doing my own video. Stay tuned. 

I had 4 participate in the contest and 3 winners and gave 1st., 2nd. and 3rd. prizes! I asked the rest of the ladies to vote so it was "people's choice!"

Late nights and early mornings to make it to breakfast at 7am on Saturday and 8 am on Sunday. I didn't know Sunday was 8 so I got up as usual and got in there by 7. Oh well, I was able to get some more done that way. Most of us packed up and left by noon and 1pm. 

No comments: